Who we are
Our website address is: https://escentialperfumes.com.au/.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
– Analytics service providers
– Staff augmentation and contract personnel
– Hosting service providers
We also share Personal Data when necessary to complete a transaction initiated or authorized by you or provide you with a product or service you have requested. In addition to those set forth above, these parties also include:
– Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Services)
– Social media services (if you interact with them through your use of the Services)
– Third party business partners who you access through the Services
– Other parties authorized by you
We also share Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to:
– Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
– Protect us, our business or our users, for example to enforce our terms of service, prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud
– Maintain the security of our products and services
We also share Personal Data with third parties when you give us consent to do so.
Furthermore, if we choose to buy or sell assets, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party, and we would share Personal Data with the party that is acquiring our assets based on our legitimate business interest of being able to provide you with continued services. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to any of our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. When possible, encryption is used, both in transit and storage. Access controls within the organisation limit who may access information.
What data breach procedures do we have in place
In case of a data breach, system administrators will immediately go through affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed after informing the user.
What third parties we receive data from
Some third parties provide us with Personal Data about you, such as the following:
– Account information for third party services: If you interact with a third party service when using our Services, such as if you use a third party service to log-in to our Services (e.g., PayPal), or if you share content from our Services through such third party service, the applicable third party service will send us certain Personal Data (specifically your first name, ID, token and profile picture URL) if the third party service and your account settings allow such sharing. Specifically, this Personal Data permits us to create and manage user profiles and sync your progress when you connect to Facebook through the Services. The Personal Data we receive will depend on the policies and your account settings with the applicable third party service. We process this Personal Data based on our legitimate business interest of personalising and optimising the Services to improve user experience.
– Information from our advertising partners: We receive information about you from some of our service providers (e.g., PayPal) who assist us with marketing or promotional services related to how you interact with our websites, applications, products, services, advertisements or communications. We process this Personal Data based on our legitimate business interest in providing direct marketing about our products and services.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
We do not use automated decision-making. Regarding profiling, we use the tracking tool Google Analytics.